Monday, August 1, 2011

I'll take Quotable Quotes for a thousand...

A long ago promised post...sorry! Life tends to get in the way of my writing sometimes! Too often, in fact. I promised myself after the reunion that I'd start writing again on a regular schedule. I'm still trying to figure out when that's gonna be.

Regardless, here you go:



This weekend was my 25th high school reunion. I have a lot to say about it and am looking forward to writing all about it soon. But until I can rip myself away from FaceBook long enough to do it, you'll have to settle for things other people said:

I haven't put names on anything (except one), and taken out of context some quotes may seem like they mean something they don't. But then again, they may mean exactly what they sound like they mean!


"$2 a beer? It's good to be in Carlisle!"

"I'm bringing a date...and it's a girl!"

"Now here's a man I wanna f___!" (as she gives him a hug)

‎"If you think a pair of shoes can't make a difference in your life, ask Cinderella how she feels about that." (After asking her dates' opinion on the shoes she was choosing before going to the Elks.)

***I KNOW there were more quotes regarding shoes that night, but I can't seem to remember any...Uh, Marvin, Doug???***

"She felt so bad about not recognizing me...and I had no clue who she was!"

"I'll tell you what, 6th grade was a stellar year!"

"I'm not sure who you are ... and I'm a happily married woman ... but you are REALLY good looking!"

"I met your husband...his name tag says...."Mr. Jacki Powell Fleniken."

"Did I win? I did win, but I have a 98 and everyone else has a 86. I don't get it!"

"I didn't realize inflation was that bad."

"I appreciate her honesty. She said she never talked to me in high school because I was kinda scary."

"I'm reunionizing."

"Oh, I'll suck it alright!"

"I think I may have been a redneck in a former life!"

"Welcome to the ladies room! Would you like a shot?"

"Well, that'll just make your panties smell like smoke!"

"Honey, I want to thank you for being such a boring husband. And I really mean that!"

"SO.....you're selling your house?!? and "Bob" bought me a beer!"

"Bob" likes to buy lots of beer!!!"

Regarding the G-Man carding us:
Chris Plant: "I used to work here in 1987."
Waitress: "Oooh, (giggle) that's the year I was born!"

Regarding the G-Man bathroom:
"How do you go to the bathroom when you're chewing on your knees?"


"I felt like a virgin at a prison rodeo!" Oh, wait, that wasn't at the reunion. That was the guy sitting across the aisle from me on the airplane. Ewwwww...and thankfully, he didn't say it to me!


I'm still telling people, much to the dismay of my husband, that the reunion was one of the best weekends of my life!

Thanks again to the organizers and to everyone who came! I can't tell you how wonderful it was to see everyone! Looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment