Sunday, January 3, 2010

Here Goes Nothin'

So, Charlie left today for 6 months in Iraq. Fun times. Like I said on FaceBook, we were a total Freak Show at the KC airport this morning. Because he wasn't wearing a uniform, it was not completely obvious why we were there. I'm sure more than one person questioned why the three oldest kids were hysterical as their Dad got on a plane. "Man, what kids cry that much when their Dad leaves? I'd hate to be going home with that Mom...she must be such a BITCH!" (I don't know if I really heard someone say that or if I would've been the one saying it if I wasn't me)

Of course the boys were more interested in going into the airport stores than saying good-bye to Daddy although Sawyer was kind of pissed he couldn't go too. "I go airplane Daddy too." Maybe I could talk the Army into somekind of "Take Your Kids to Deployment Program," like a kindof extended "Take Your Kids to Work Day." I'd be all over that!

As this is the first post of the blog, I want to try saving it before I write for two hours then lose it all, b/c that's the kind of thing that happens to me. Welcome to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment