Monday, May 28, 2012

Josie's Speech

My sweet, sweet Josie gave the following speech for her 6th grade graduation. Had you told me two and 1/2 years ago that she would ever, EVER get up in front of her entire class and do this, I would've smacked you for being a smart ass.

She's fought demons the likes of one's I dealt with when I was 15...and there she was at the age of 10 barely hanging on!

I can't tell you how proud I am of my baby girl!

The speech:




Sixth grade was probably the best grade of my life. My teacher made a big impact on my life. Mrs. Reinhold is a kind, flexible, amazing, awesome teacher. I could go on and on about her but she is a very great teacher, and I think everyone in my class feels this way. I would like to thank Mrs. Reinhold for everything like ice cream, all day parties, movies, food/drinks, rhymes and songs, and really fun things. We also did some work!


Mrs. Reinhold has always been there for me saying “Smile!” and just making me happy. She is the best teacher I have ever had. Mrs. Reinhold is an amazing teacher and is super loveable.


I would also like to thank Mrs. Rolf and Mrs. Salvatorelli for helping me along the way. All of the Eisenhower teachers have made a difference in my life, even if I’ve never had them in class.


Mrs. Sack has been there for me throughout the years I have attended Eisenhower. Mrs. Sack is a great counselor. She plans so many events for Eisenhower students just to have fun. Mrs. Sack is a very hard worker, who does her job so everyone can have a great day. And if you’re having a bad day, she’s really good to talk to. She is very kind and beautiful.


Mrs. Black is hard working too. She takes care of all the kids and cares for each one of us. Mrs. Black is very sweet and kind.


Mrs. S you have taught band so well. We really appreciate it. Rattle Snakes, Great Gate of Kevin, and Eagle Summit were all good, but we couldn’t have learned them without you. Thank you to all the specials teachers for teaching us about paints, basketball, books, and building roller coasters.


I have made many great friends here at Eisenhower. We have shared so much together. Good days and bad days, inside jokes and parents being deployed. It was very tough to move here and my first year in this school was hard, but the teachers and the students here have made it very special.

I learned the song “There’s No Place Like Ike” three years ago. Next time you sing it, really listen to the words:

But no matter where our paths may lead,
or if we’ll meet again.
We will always think of Kansas
and our Eisenhower friends.


This year I learned about a man named Nick Vujicic. He was born with no arms or legs. He doesn’t see what he does not have but just looks forward to the things he does have in life. He says: “It is a lie to think you are not good enough and it is a lie to think you are not worth anything.” Nick’s motto is: “No arms, no legs, no worries!” His sayings and jokes helped me through 6th grade. I hope his attitude will help you throughout your life too!

Congratulations 6th graders and have a great summer!

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I know you are very proud - as well you should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing speech!!! We love seeing Josie's smile more and more everytime she comes in. She should be so proud of all her amazing accomplishments this year:)
    -Dr. A, Christine, Nikki, Randi

    ReplyDelete