Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thanks for stopping by!

WOW!!! I asked you to come and you did! You really did!

So, here's where I say thanks and welcome to my blog! However, there are a few things you should know before you begin to read on. I have no problem with anyone and everyone reading my stuff, but there are a few select people who may enjoy it more than others. I want to take the time to point out the characteristics of those who will most benefit from said reading. That way, they know who they are and the rest of you can decide if I am blogworthy!

If you have children, know any children, or were once a child...you may want to read on.

If you are a parent, know a parent, or had a parent...you may want to continue.

Catholics (recovering or otherwise) and anyone else harboring excessive guilt...you are always welcome here.

If you have lived in 10 different houses in 13 years of marriage and have stopped hanging curtains altogether...put down your husbands rank and hang out here!

If you live in fear that Social Services may come knocking at your door by accident, perhaps looking for directions, and happen to see the state of your house...read on Sister!

If you have ever almost set the house on fire because you forgot about the nipples and/or pacifiers you left to boil on the stove...you are among friends.

If you skip any recipe that requires cutting up more than two things...find a comfortable chair and sit. (cuz you know you ain't worried about what's for dinner yet!)

If you've ever been at a school function and your child says "Stop! My Mom's not here yet." And you say "Honey, I'm right here in the front." And he says "Oh Wow, I didn't know that's how you look in a dress!"...I feel your pain.

If you re-wash at LEAST one load of laundry a week, because the first time you washed it you left it in the washing machine so long it is almost dry...we may be related.

If you have ever put one sippy cup or pacifier (the special one) into a dishwasher full of clean dishes and re-ran the whole thing because you were simply too tired to unload the clean stuff first...you, my friend, are home!


BUT,if none of those things sound remotely familiar...you may have better things to do with your perfect life than read my blog. However, feel free to deviate from your obnoxiousness and see how the rest of us live!

9 comments:

  1. I have to stop reading because you reminded me of the laundry that has been sitting in the washer since Friday. Do you think it might smell a little?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mary,it's about time. I have been saying for ages you need to get those wonderful, funny and insightful stories of your life out there. So many will relate to them.
    I wish you great success and look forward to reading your blog.
    Ruth Kee

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy and proud of you ! and we love to read your stories...so get back to work ! :)
    steve, tuti & diego

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am so happy to see that you are sharing your talent with others. Your writing is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so there with you sista! Thanks for posting about all that goes on in the course of a day in the life with kids...
    always said you were a talented writer..now if you could only figure out how to get the laundry to do itself, we'd be set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh Mary can't wait to read et all.
    XO always!!!!
    Kerri ( JC Katey, Jack and cici too) kisses to all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Mary! Love your stories...funny twist on life in general!!
    Jacque xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 days.... no new blog..... you're starting to piss me off =:) I even left my laundry in the washer in your honor, though I've done it before in no one's honor. Get writing Mary, your talent brings a smile to many faces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this saved in my favorites, I am so happy when I'm bored at work and you have some new story to share. Your insane life literally brings tears of laughter to my eyes... And lots of head nodding and commiseration!! Lily and Baby Cha are carved from the same mold! Love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete